Kernel for linuxbios

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sun Oct 17 15:37:59 CEST 2004

"Sagiv Yefet" <sagivy at 3vium.com> writes:

> I did what you said.
> New error:
>
> RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
> Freeing initrd memory: 2624k freed
> VFS: Cannot open root device "" or 03:00

I hate looking at things with the messages cropped, it can hide useful
information.

In any case the kernel line:
> Freeing initrd memory: 2624k freed.
Indicates that the initrd is being found, and there is data there.

The line:
> RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.

Indicates that your initrd is either corrupted or it is in a format
your kernel does not recognize.

Do you have the proper filesystem in your kernel.  Is your initrd
compressed?  In some cases filesystems are only recognized inside a
compressed initrd.

Eric