Freebios2 recovery progress...

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at
Thu Oct 21 12:54:10 CEST 2004

YhLu <YhLu at> writes:

> You changes all mb config for AMD/Iwill/IBM....that took some time.
> If there is on board scsi, I want to set subsystem id, I need to put that in

Or more likely src/mainboarod/???/???/

calls dev->ops->pci_ops->set_subsystem() when the device
dev->on_mainboard is true.  In turn config.g sets that
in static.c for all devices in the static tree.

I believe those are the correct semantics.  That the subsystem is
essentially an identifier for the board the chips are sitting on.

The values are come from:

So for the onboard scsi case you likely need to have a driver for
the onboard scsi device that implements the set_subsystem method
because there is not a generic way of doing that.