Freebios2 recovery progress...

YhLu YhLu at
Thu Oct 21 13:02:28 CEST 2004

You may remove
.enable           = amd8111_enable,

It will be called twice. One in enable_dev.

-----Original Message-----
From: ebiederman at [mailto:ebiederman at]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:46 AM
To: YhLu; Li-Ta Lo
Cc: LinuxBIOS
Subject: Re: Freebios2 recovery progress...

YhLu <YhLu at> writes:

> You changes all mb config for AMD/Iwill/IBM....that took some time.
> If there is on board scsi, I want to set subsystem id, I need to put that

Or more likely src/mainboarod/???/???/

calls dev->ops->pci_ops->set_subsystem() when the device
dev->on_mainboard is true.  In turn config.g sets that
in static.c for all devices in the static tree.

I believe those are the correct semantics.  That the subsystem is
essentially an identifier for the board the chips are sitting on.

The values are come from:

So for the onboard scsi case you likely need to have a driver for
the onboard scsi device that implements the set_subsystem method
because there is not a generic way of doing that.