Freebios2 recovery progress...

Li-Ta Lo ollie at
Thu Oct 21 13:28:12 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 12:14, YhLu wrote:
> I agree that all onboard device should use the same subsystem id as MB's.

One interesting thing. In PCI Spec 2.2, section 6.2.4 it says that:

	Values in these registers must be loaded and valid prioir to the
	system BIOS or any system software accessing the PCI
	Coniguration Space. blah,blah, blah. These values must not be
	loaded using expansion ROM software becuase expansion ROM
	software is not guaranteed to be run during POST
	in all systems.

Are we doing something out of spec ?

BTW, why I can't download PCI spec form PCI-SIG anymore ? Even for
the 'useless' PCI conventional stuff.