Is Linuxbios alive as of now?

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at
Fri Oct 22 11:38:01 CEST 2004

"Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich at> writes:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > The epia and epia-m ports have been in barely functional for a while.
> ??
> you must not have used them. I've been using EPIA for some 14 months now
> and they work fine, for both Linux and Plan 9.
> Maybe what you meant is "Eric never liked that code anyways, so it's no
> loss" :-)

What I meant was that the code structure has been barely functional.

The code worked and I don't like the fact that it is broken at all.
That is one of the reasons I have been working like mad to get the ports
in the LinuxBIOS tree up and going again.

> > And the current code base cleanups have pushed them over the edge.
> That I'll believe.

The difference from some of the other ports is those were just
a matter of fixing up the references to the new way of handling things.

With the epia and epia-m ports you can't do that with simple code inspection.

If you know how things are supposed to work and can test it.  Putting
Humpty-Dumpty back together again should still be fairly doable.  But
it is not something someone who does not have a board and is not
familiar with the details of the port can reasonably try.