Makefile changes for symbols

Steve Kimball stephen.kimball at bench.com
Mon Oct 25 10:30:01 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 10:50, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Steve Kimball wrote:
>
> > AMD/Serenade with a FILO payload.  It runs great.  It loads Linux fine.
> > Just can get the source and disassembly to line up.
>
> it seems to me that the addresses you are using are correct. Did you try
> pointing the arium at physical memory instead of seg:offset addresses?
>
> ron

I don't know how to force physical or virtual addressing.
The arium seems to change automaically when the mode changes.
I can single step an follow instruction execution as log as I'd like.
I have been displaying hardwaremain in mixed (source and assembly)
at various points.  I'm assuming it gets copied from FLASH to RAM
at some point.  So it should be junk initially.

  time                 mode     hardwaremain address      instr values
after reset      16-bit      F000:0000 20b8        non-zero junk
after 16 instr   32-bit      0008:0000 20b8        different non-zero
junk
later                                              all 0xff
scanning PCI bus 32-bit      0018:0000 20b8        all zeros

If I display memory at 0000:0000 20b8 it seems to always match the
values at hardwaremain?  Why does the American Arium think the segment
register for hardwaremain changes?
Why is it never good instructions?

Steve