[COMMI] Merge recover status...

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Oct 27 03:46:01 CEST 2004

I should have fixed the sizeram function for all of the x86 ports.
So while I don't expect everything to work it should mostly a
matter of cleanup of the configuration files now, so it should
be pretty easy.

The one remaining x86 gotcha is likely adding support for the
via c3 and the transmeta TM5800 cpus that it looks like we try
and support.  It looks like we have a lot of ports that were
started and not completed :(

PPC is still broken.  I need to be fresh to tackle fixing it up.
At the moment I don't have the slightest clue what the PPC code
flow looks like.  I don't see hide nor hare of the dynamic device
tree in the ppc code I have looked at, so I don't know yet where
to start to convert the code.

Anyway the maelstrom of changes is settling down.  So feel free
to take your favorite port and see if you can get it building
or running again.

A build success report from the Stefan's all port builder would
will be interesting.

Eric

sizeram removal/conversion.
- mem.h and sizeram.h and all includes killed because the are no longer needed.
- linuxbios_table.c updated to directly look at the device tree for occupied memory areas.
- first very incomplete stab a converting the ppc code to work with the dynamic device tree
- Ignore resources before we have read them from devices, (if the device is disabled ignore it's resources).
- First stab at Pentium-M support
- add part/init_timer.h making init_timer conditional until there is a better way of handling it.
- Converted all of the x86 sizeram to northbridge set_resources functions.
CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS:    src/arch/i386/boot/linuxbios_table.c
CVS:    src/arch/i386/boot/linuxbios_table.h
CVS:    src/arch/ppc/boot/linuxbios_table.c src/arch/ppc/boot/tables.c
CVS:    src/arch/ppc/lib/cpu.c src/arch/ppc/lib/cpuid.c
CVS:    src/boot/hardwaremain.c src/config/Options.lb
CVS:    src/cpu/amd/model_fxx/Config.lb src/cpu/x86/tsc/Config.lb
CVS:    src/devices/device.c src/include/part/fallback_boot.h
CVS:    src/mainboard/arima/hdama/Options.lb
CVS:    src/mainboard/arima/hdama/auto.c
CVS:    src/mainboard/digitallogic/adl855pc/Config.lb
CVS:    src/mainboard/emulation/qemu-i386/Config.lb
CVS:    src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/northbridge.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/emulation/qemu-i386/northbridge.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/intel/e7501/northbridge.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/intel/i855pm/northbridge.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/motorola/mpc107/mpc107.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/transmeta/tm5800/northbridge.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/via/vt8601/northbridge.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/via/vt8623/northbridge.c
CVS:    src/southbridge/intel/i82870/p64h2_pci_parity.c
CVS: Added Files:
CVS:    src/include/part/init_timer.h
CVS: Removed Files:
CVS:    src/include/mem.h src/include/part/sizeram.h