status information

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Fri Oct 29 12:03:01 CEST 2004

* Li-Ta Lo <ollie at lanl.gov> [041028 22:52]:
> Are you asking the 64KB limit? One reason is to prevent "bloating" in
> LinuxBIOS. The other reason is some chip (AMD8111?) can only access the
> top 64kB of flash after boot.

We could declare some size limit per chipset if it has such a
limitation?

OTOH, 64k should be enough for the setup task. I would have expected
that long term this can be pushed even further down again...?!

Is there a rough estimation which part takes how much in a typical
LinuxBIOS (AMD64) port? Maybe it makes sense to go look at the biggest
chunks first.

Stefan