FILO fixups

YhLu YhLu at
Fri Oct 29 17:21:01 CEST 2004

You can get filo only under Etherboot.

make bin/filo.zelf

make bin/tg3--filo.zelf

Also I added something into the filo in Etherboot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald G. Minnich [mailto:rminnich at]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 3:39 PM
To: YhLu
Cc: Li-Ta Lo; LinuxBIOS
Subject: RE: FILO fixups

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, YhLu wrote:

> The filo is merged into Etherboot. And it will be released in 5.2.6
> I guess.

that's a plus and a minus for us. It's nice seeing FILO get pulled into
supported software like Etherboot. But we've had uneven luck building a
working etherboot here. And ETherboot still does far more than we want.

I would need to put the same kinds of mods into etherboot, and then build
etherboot in a way in which all the ethernet support is not compiled in.
In other words, I want to compile an etherboot down to FILO!

It is simpler to just use FILO directly.