Redirect your console to the network

Dave Aubin daubin at
Wed Sep 1 16:58:01 CEST 2004

How to get netconsole to work:

1.  Build your 2.6 kernel with tg3 support AND netconsole as part of the
	A.  This is the easiest way, I couldn't do it via modules as I
couldn't get the polling to work.
2.  Pass in to the kernel as a parameter the netconsole information
	A.  This will automatically send the console information to the
destination address when eth0 is up.

Doing this worked for me, but a little bit of a pain was involved.  Hope
this helped.

-----Original Message-----
From: linuxbios-admin at
[mailto:linuxbios-admin at] On Behalf Of Dave Aubin
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 3:12 PM
To: ron minnich
Cc: linuxbios at
Subject: RE: Redirect your console to the network

Hey Ron,

  If your tool doesn't have to support polling can you please pass that
on to me?
That's one side effect of the netconsole tool.  You need to have polling
enabled in the Network driver.  I've been having trouble getting that to
fly actually.