use ramdisk as root file system

Antony Stone Antony at Soft-Solutions.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 05:59:00 CEST 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 11:53 am, zhu shi song wrote:

> I now can boot my QDIA6T(vt8601/vt82c686b) MB using
> hard disk as root file system though there is no vga
> turned on.  But I don't need HD. I hope I can mount
> RAMDisk as my root filesystem which can be read and
> written.  How should I do to start such work?  I have
> read some material about initrd but I don't understand
> it very clearly.

See if the following help:

http://www.linux4.be/~jroark/howto/ramdisk.html
http://www.lissot.net/partition/ramdisk.html
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Bootdisk-HOWTO/buildroot.html

Regards,

Antony.

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

 - Steven Wright

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.