use ramdisk as root file system

zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 08:07:00 CEST 2004

I've made one initrd to try. But when executing at
/sbin/init, linux halts.  Output log is as following:
Freeing initrd memory: 3687k freed
Freeing unused kernel memory: 64k freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
[end]
By the way, using initramfs, can I have rw root fs on
ramdisk?
tks
zhu

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-hackers/2004-June/001424.html