Windows over LinuxBIOS

Dave Aubin daubin at
Wed Sep 8 11:23:37 CEST 2004

  Read this:

From: linuxbios-admin at
[mailto:linuxbios-admin at] On Behalf Of Dave Belt
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 9:02 AM
To: linuxbios at
Subject: Windows over LinuxBIOS

I have a customer building a custom PC based board. I have been
presenting LinuxBIOS as a viable BIOS option; however, they have a
serious interest in running Windows, likely 2K & XP, on this board. Does
anybody have experience in this area to share? I'm currently trying to
get a grasp of the effort required beyond the LinuxBIOS port itself.
Also, what kind of reliability are you getting with your implementation?
Any info you could provide would be much appreciated.