Allocateing resouces for PCI expansion roms... (was 440bx VGA probs)

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Wed Sep 8 11:32:01 CEST 2004

Li-Ta Lo wrote:

> I don't think either V1 or V2 can do expansion ROM. It is the first
> thing on my todo list for porting testbios into LB.

Correct.  They don't.  I'm trying to see what it will take to make them.

I don't need general expansion rom support.  All I need for ADLO is a
valid memory range assigned to the VGA expansion ROM.  Then my chipset
code can enable the rom and do the shadowing copy.

>>The red book so far hasn't been much help.  Or I just haven't found the
>>right section.  Eric (or anybody else): where did you get your info when
>>you re-factored all this code?
>
> What's red book ?

"PCI Hardware and Software. Architecture and Design" by Edward Solari
and George Willse.  It has a red cover.