LinuxBIOS + Etherboot Problems

Jeff Stevens jsteve17 at
Wed Sep 15 07:57:00 CEST 2004

   I am trying to load a kernel over Etherboot, and am
having some problems doing so.  I am using etherboot
version 5.2.2, and mkelfImage 2.5 released 24 April
2003.  Here is the output I get:

Welcome to elfboot, the open sourced starter.
January 2002, Eric Biederman.
Version 1.3

ROM segment 0x2e81 length 0x7938 reloc 0x00020000
CPU 1664 Mhz
Etherboot 5.2.2 (GPL) Tagged ELF
for [3C90X]
get_memsizes | linuxbios
Relocating _text from: [000244e0,00034330) to
Probing pci nic...

3C90X Driver 2.00 Copyright 1999 LightSys Technology
Services, Inc.
Portions Copyright 1999 Steve Smith
MAC Address = 00:10:5A:A2:5A:82
Connectors present: 10Base-T / 100Base-TX.
Searching for server (DHCP)...
Me:, Server:, Gateway
Issuing RESET:
elf_start | breakpoint = 0x0002ee44

Do I have the correct versions of Etherboot and
mkelfImage?  I have booted this kernel on this machine
fine before (when it was burned into flash and booted
directly from LinuxBIOS).  Do I need to change
anything in the targets when I run
etherboot, or should it be the same as when I burn the
kernel into flash?  I am also able to boot the kernel
over Etherboot fine on another one of my machines
booting etherboot from a floppy.  On the machine in
question, Etherboot is the payload of LinuxBIOS.
Please help!

   Jeff Stevens

Do you Yahoo!?