[LinuxBIOS] VGA support

Stephen.Kimball at bench.com Stephen.Kimball at bench.com
Wed Aug 10 23:35:50 CEST 2005

Could someone explain the different VGA options with LinuxBIOS?

I've read the testbios FAQ items.  This seems to be a utility program
that can be run after the system comes up to initialize a VGA card. Then
I suppose one could open an X window.

Then there are several LinuxBIOS Options that mention VGA:
   VGABIOS_START
   PCI_VGA_RAM_IMAGE_START
   CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA
   CONFIG_LEGACY_VGABIOS

Some VGA options are more useful than others.  For example,
CONFIG_LEGACY_VGABIOS does not seem to be used.
I see CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA enables logging to the VGA.
Could someone write a FAQ describing how to make CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA
work?
Thanks.

Steve