[LinuxBIOS] VGA support

Li-Ta Lo ollie at lanl.gov
Thu Aug 11 00:41:02 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 17:35 -0400, Stephen.Kimball at bench.com wrote:
> Could someone explain the different VGA options with LinuxBIOS?
> I've read the testbios FAQ items.  This seems to be a utility program
> that can be run after the system comes up to initialize a VGA card. Then
> I suppose one could open an X window.
> Then there are several LinuxBIOS Options that mention VGA:

This one is obsolete, it was used for VIA/EPIA only.
I am going to remove it soon.

This is were the VGABIOS is copy to in DRAM. By PCI spec, it should be
0xC0000 for x86.

This control if you are going to use VGA console. If it is enable, you
can read message from VGA screen instead of serial console.

This one is obsolete too like VGABIOS_START.