[LinuxBIOS] BIOS Saver RD1

Ken Fuchs kfuchs at winternet.com
Fri Aug 12 21:19:09 CEST 2005

Sorry, you are both wrong.  The USB cable is used _only_ for power.
All data goes through the parallel port.  It is a slow (5 minutes to
burn and 2 minutes to verify), cheap burner, but I have found it to be
extremely reliable.

I was talking about the Enhanced Willem Universal Programmer.
Perhaps, the two of you were talking about another, possibly
hypothetical flash programmer.

Disclaimer: I'm not using the newest Willem programmer, but I think
even the newest Willem programmer still uses USB only for power (They
include the option of an AC adapter that can be used instead of the
USB cable - an option my USB only powered, older unit lacks).

On 8/12/05, Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think it matters.  Your bottleneck is not the bandwith to the
> programmer but the time it takes for the flash part to write a byte or
> block.  Flash writes are slow.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>