[LinuxBIOS] AMD board support

Jeremy Jackson jerj at coplanar.net
Tue Aug 16 23:44:54 CEST 2005

yhlu wrote:

>S2865 support athlon64 instead of Opteron.
>
>athlon64 doesn't support ECC.
>
>I have tried to comment out lines in raminit.c and could boot the
>system with LinuxBIOS.
>
>the problem are
>1. it only supports one DIMM ...?
>2. Etherboot support 5721 may still have problem, Tim already put sth
>to support 5721 in Etherboot but have no time to verify that.
>
>YH

I would be very interested to know if this board will become supported
soon.    I know nVidia can be difficult to deal with.  In particular I
would like to use this board with Linuxbios and boot from SATA.

I am also confused by the chipset name - nForce4 Ultra - is that the
same as CK8-04?

Regards,

Jeremy