[LinuxBIOS] Building LinuxBIOS

Steven J. Magnani steve at digidescorp.com
Tue Aug 30 16:06:35 CEST 2005

> Using Windows to build LinuxBIOS is not supported at the moment.

I've built LB under cygwin for several months, without problems. The
only three 'issues' I recall were (1) needing to install the cygwin
version of python, (I had tried the Windows version first), (2) needing
to install a cross-compiler (i.e. i686-linux-gnu) to compile properly,
and (3) needing cmos.options to be in UNIX format ('\n') not DOS

The cross-compiler can be generated pretty easily using Dan Kegel's
crosstool (http://kegel.com/crosstool).

When I try to compile amd/quartet or amd/solo (on Linux OR cygwin) I get
the following error:

    bad type specifier (
    make[1]: *** [auto.inc] Error 1

...but this is different than narahari's issue and probably something in
the source code that needs changing.

 Steven J. Magnani               "I claim this network for MARS!
 www.digidescorp.com              Earthling, return my space modulator!"
 #include <standard.disclaimer>