[LinuxBIOS] Etherboot BIOS.

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 22:14:53 CEST 2005

On 8/31/05, Steve Casselman <sc at drccomputer.com> wrote:

> Yes. So I would just use linuxbios to boot and then
> use etherboot to boot the linuxbios I want (which
> would then load the kernal?) The etherboot I see being
> used is an elf loader. Is linuxbios compiled in elf
> format?

Ah.  I misread your desires.  So no I was incorrect.  Its not done.

Thats a interesting idea but I think its going to run into some
issues.  Many of the chipset registers can only be played with after
reset.

getting linuxbios build as an elf shouldn't be too hard but splitting
linuxbios up into core "only do once" and "repeatable" sections may be
more difficult.

I'm not guru enough with the ld magic to know so someone else will
have to comment.

--
Richard A. Smith