VGABIOS

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:54:00 CET 2005

Your work on VGABIOS has been mentioned on the Linux kernel mailing
list. Right now we are trying to add VGA reset capability to the
kernel. This needs to be done at two points, reseting of secondary
cards at boot (the system BIOS should reset the primary one) and
reseting of cards if needed when coming out of suspend/resume.

There has been talk of adding emu86 to the kernel. Where's the source
for your 32K version? I'd also like to look at your code for setting
up the environment to run the VBIOS. PPC/IA64 people have been asking
for us to add emu86 support so that they can reset their cards. With a
32K emu86 there is no need for us to use vm86 mode.

Is LinuxBIOS part of the main kernel tree or is it separate?

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com