VIA EPIA FILO boot problems

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 12:13:00 CET 2005

> find_ide_controller: found PCI IDE controller 1106:0571 prog_if=0x8f
> find_ide_controller: primary channel: native PCI mode
> find_ide_controller: cmd_base=0x0 ctrl_base=0x0
> ide_software_reset: Waiting for ide0 to become ready for reset... ok

I'd say your cmd and ctl base registers should be something else other
than 0x00.  I would expect a number like 0x1f0.

I've never used the EPIA so I don't have any specifics but go look in
the section that enables the IDE on your chip set and verify IDE is
really getting turned on.

Perhaps there is a config setting for the base address thats not getting setup?

--
Richard A. Smith