Via passing out linuxbios with out GPL?

Takeshi Sone ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Sat Feb 12 04:29:00 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 11:25:17PM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> >From those strings it actually doesn't look like they are using
> LinuxBIOS but rather chose the same name. But then again, changing a
> couple of strings is nothing too hard.

I guess Fastboot builds LinuxBIOS Tables and ELF Boot Notes in RAM
to boot ELF images (they instructs to use mkelfimage to boot linux).
So the "LinuxBIOS" strings might be ones to go to some of these tables?

OTOH, I've found those strings that are very similar to those found
in FILO...

    ts1 at felixx:/tmp/CDRom$ strings BIOS_D.BIN | grep "Not a"
    Not a bootable ELF image
    Not a Linux kernel image.

    ts1 at felixx:~/src/ts1/filo$ grep -r "Not a" .
    ./i386/linux_load.c:    debug("Not a Linux kernel image\n");
    ./main/elfload.c:       debug("Not a bootable ELF image\n");

--
Takeshi