Pentium-M on 855GM ?

Guido Fiala gfiala at s.netic.de
Fri Feb 18 05:29:01 CET 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 15:13, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 gfiala at s.netic.de wrote:
> > The motherboard is an ibase MB890 mini-itx one with the following chips:
>
> no, intel has no desire to help with linuxbios and we are hung up on
> chipset init.

Sigh - always the same...
At least the south-bridge documentation is available i gather (link somewhere
in this ml archive), so its the north-bridge ??

>regarding AMD, PPC:

If one considers things as power-per-watt and a certain set of needed features
(firewire, usb, network, total power consumption, noise ...) only a few
mainboards remain, there was no AMD or PPC that fit my needs, also VIA is far
to slow for my purposes ( a "linux media center" based on vdr plus my daily
workstation).