Any update on linuxbios for laptops

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Wed Feb 23 14:38:00 CET 2005

Laptop designs route lots of signals through microcontrollers that do
combined things such as keyboard scan, Flash write enable, battery
management, power management, lid open/close, power buttons etc.

These are the areas that we would need documentation for.

The chipset docs may all be available but not docs to the power
management/keyboard scan controller firmware. Their settings are
typically virtual registers in firmware. The docs for the micros
describe the general purpose micro itself, but that won't tell you how
they are using all its gpio pins and ports.

-Bari