Build error on the EPIA-M

Adam Talbot talbotx at comcast.net
Sat Feb 26 17:52:00 CET 2005

-LinuxBios Team

Humm, ok been working out some boot issues that I may/will have on the
EPIA-MII.

I think I remember hearing something about booting of the CF card on the
EPIA-MII if I have linuxbios.

If I can boot off the onboard CF device what device does it come up as?
still hde?

Here is the problem I am running into:
On the stock bios I can not boot off the CF, so I boot off a hard disk.
Well, when I add linuxbios, the system will be asking for data before the
hard disk will be ready. My hard disk has a 5~7 sec spin up time. So in turn
I plan to boot off the CF so solve this problem.  OK, fixed the spin up time
problem, but brought up a new problem.  My current kernel config loads the
ide-cs (access to the CF) after software suspend 2. So software suspend does
not work, as it can't read the software suspend file during boot;  ide-cs is
not loaded yet, and I don't know how to change the device loading order in
the kernel.
Any ideas??
-Adam Talbot