Build error on the EPIA-M

Adam Talbot talbotx at comcast.net
Sun Feb 27 11:32:01 CET 2005

Software suspend for Linux, gives me stuff like "hibernate"
http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/

I have most every thing compiled into my kernel, there are thing's that I
still have as modules, but those are things that I don't need most of the
time.

When I boot in a normal case the system will be coming out of hibernate, not
doing a full boot. This means that software suspend (the program that allows
hibernate) will be loading its hibernation image off the disk. Well if that
image happens to be the on my 1GB CF card, I need to have ide-cs loaded...
Well with the way that software suspend works, it loads about half way
through the kernel loading process, ide-cs loads after that.  This means
that software suspend cant see the CF, yet.

I need linuxbios for speed reasons, not the fact that it can boot from CF,
but that helps.
This is all going into and embedded car computer to play music, GPS,
wireless. So first and formost is the boot time. With software suspend and
linuxbios I will be looking at a cold boot, to playing music in about 12~14
seconds.