Build error on the EPIA-M

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 16:10:01 CET 2005

> it was my understanding that the reason the pcmcia/cardbus stuff got
> integrated into kernel in the first place was to support booting from such
> devices.

I believe you are correct but I seem to remember that it will only be
posible via early userspace due to the database lookup cardmgr has to
do.

I just did a test with my adapter.  I compiled bot the bridge driver
and the ide-cs into my 2.6.10 kernel, moved cardmgr to cardmgr.norun
and re-booted.  The bridge was found but the ide-cs device was not.
Running /sbin/cardmgr.norun by hand enabled the ide-cs like normal.
So looks to me like its still dependent on cardmgr.

--
Richard A. Smith