Moving 440bx to V2

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Jan 12 06:50:00 CET 2005

Richard Smith <smithbone69 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I need to start looking at moving the 440bx stuff to
> V2.  The part I'm most concerned about is re-writing
> the ram init code.
>
> Is it possible to use the V2 structure but graft in
> the assembly output from V1?  Then as time permits I
> can go back and re-write those routines.

Yes.  You will need to copy a few of the assembly helper
routines as well, since I think we finally removed those
from V2.

> Tell me again which is the reference board for V2 for
> a simple embedded case.

Something like the via epia, q-emu should be ok. I don't really
know as I have not looked at the simple embedded case lately.  In the
last round of cleanups I'm pretty certain we managed to purge the
worst of the bad examples from the tree in the last round of cleanups.

Eric