Is 440BX ported to Linuxbios v2?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:08:00 CET 2005

> Build linuxbios.rom
>
> put in your flash part
>
> flash_rom linuxbios.rom
> flash_rom -v linuxbios.rom (verify step)

Cool pretty simple.  I don't even have to remove the chip since I
don't care if it waxes it.
I'm assuming that the flash_rom from V2 is the latest and I should use
that over whats in V1?

> to save off the fuctory bios.

In this case I _am_ the factory BIOS. *grin*

> You can try to use the mtd drivers, they're very good, but they have had
> some troubles for us if the parts are not reliable.

I've not a clue how to use the mtd stuff.  I briefly looked at it but
found no good docuementation on trying to use that stuff with an
29F040b so I moved on.

At the time none of it was as fast as my emulator but that dosen't
seem to work anymore.

--
Richard A. Smith