v2 testbios compile error

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 13:41:00 CET 2005

> the new pcilib have a PCI domain parameter in additional
> to the BUS:DEV:FN. I think you are using old pcilib, just
> removed the 0x00 parameter.

When you say "new" pcilib you are talking the _alpha_ pcilib 2.1.99.
The latest stable version does not have this domain parameter.

The 2.1.99 alpha is not backwards compatible with the stable so you
can't just update your libs since it causes lots of other things to
break.

What I ended up doing was creating a private pcilib lib in the vgabios
dir and have testbios use that rather than the system library.

What was the a reason you had to move to the alpha version for the
userspace program in V2?  Seems like a lot of trouble for not much
real gain.

> BTW, the int1a implementation in testbios (both V1 and V2) is not
> necessary correct. Yout should take a look at
> src/device/emulator/pcbios/pcibios.c in V2 tree.

What parts exactly did you fix?  I took a brief look.  The lack of
source names for the pci commands in testbios maks it hard to do a
comparison without translating them to symbolics first.

--
Richard A. Smith