[PROPOSAL] enhanced table dumping

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Mon Jan 17 23:02:01 CET 2005

* Ronald G. Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [050118 03:31]:
> no argument that we have to create those tables, I just don't want the
> baseline format to be binary, if at all possible. It's very non-portable
> to non-x86 systems.

The baseline really is our internal device tree representation.
Everything else should be generated from it.

Non-x86 has been kept rather clean from ACPI, MP, pirq. They did not
spend the time to invent the same information passing 3 times ;-)

Those platforms rather offer an IEEE 1275-1994 interface (which is
binary+callback, all evil combined, but it is well proven)

Stefan