V2 questions

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 20 06:13:01 CET 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Richard Smith wrote:

> I have a PIII celeron.  Where do I go loook to find what model that is
> so I know what to add into my config?

That was a PGA370, right? I am guessing it is not in there, looking at the
tree.

> Well I was hoping for a bit more detail.  *grin*   Like how do you
> enable and disable it and what do all the options do.

Currently, it's always enabled, but if you build a fallback-only payload,
then 'normal' won't get run. This is hokey, I know.

> Well when I got the build error I was unsure if you _had_ to have a
> payload specified and there weren't any.  So I just created a blank
> file and tried that.

For testing a build I do:
payload /etc/hosts

> Out of tree makes it a bit more difficult for me to keep all my stuff
> under one roof when I go to check it into my internal CVS.  Why do you
> like out of tree?

What I mean is, the .o and other objects out of the tree.

ron