LOGLEVEL

Stephen.Kimball at bench.com Stephen.Kimball at bench.com
Fri Jan 21 11:43:01 CET 2005

> > I changed mainboard/vendor/board/Options.lb:
> >
> > ## Request this level of debugging output
> > default  DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=9
> > ## At a maximum only compile in this level of debugging
> > default  MAXIMUM_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=9
>
> you don't change it there, you change it in your targets file.

OK, so do I change the targets/vendor/board/Config.lb file:

  target board
  mainboard vendor/board

  romimage "normal"
        option DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=7  <<=== add this line?
        option USE_FALLBACK_IMAGE=0
        option ROM_IMAGE_SIZE=0x12000
        option LINUXBIOS_EXTRA_VERSION=".0-Normal"
        payload ../../../../../util/filo/filo.elf
  end

  romimage "fallback"
        option DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=7  <<=== add this line?
        option USE_FALLBACK_IMAGE=1
        option ROM_IMAGE_SIZE=0x12000
        option LINUXBIOS_EXTRA_VERSION=".0-Fallback"
        payload ../../../../../util/filo/filo.elf
  end

  buildrom ./linuxbios.rom ROM_SIZE "normal" "fallback"

where the levels are defined in include/console/loglevel.h

#define BIOS_EMERG      0   /* system is unusable                   */
#define BIOS_ALERT      1   /* action must be taken immediately     */
#define BIOS_CRIT       2   /* critical conditions                  */
#define BIOS_ERR        3   /* error conditions                     */
#define BIOS_WARNING    4   /* warning conditions                   */
#define BIOS_NOTICE     5   /* normal but significant condition     */
#define BIOS_INFO       6   /* informational                        */
#define BIOS_DEBUG      7   /* debug-level messages                 */
#define BIOS_SPEW       8   /* Way too many details                 */

Steve