Another V2 question

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Jan 21 13:27:01 CET 2005

Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> writes:

> > > Do I really have to remove them?  Ron seemed to suggest that if I just
> > > turn off the fallback suff then I will end up with only a singel
> > > fallback image.
> >
> > I was thinking of the per board test that make the policy decision
> > which image you should be in.
> >

> Ok so now I'm confused again.  Perhaps we should just go through the
> gory details and I'll be sure to write it up in something for the next
> person.
>
> When HAVE_FALLBACK_BOOT=1 things do the normal fallback, check and
> jump to normal.  This won't ever work fully on our board since the
> CMOS is not powered.
>
> When I set that to 0 whats going to happen in the resulting build and
> image runtime?
>
> I would prefer to stay as close to the framework you have already and
> just running fallback seems fine to me if thats all I need to do.

To start I added all of this framework in freebios v1.x and it
caused not problems there.  We just default to using it all in v2.
There should be no reason to require it.  Especially if you are doing
your own motherboard.

Beyond that on the boards that use it I usually write a failover.c
which comes before auto.c that sets things up.

As for the magic include order in auto.c that is because currently
romcc does not do prototypes.

Eric