linuxbios on geode gx1 with sst-39SF020A and CompactFlash [PMX:#]

ramesh bios ramesh_bios at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 20:26:01 CET 2005

> somewhere on www.national.com, but since AMD took
> over the Geode, all
> that documentation has disappeared.

Yup, the document that would help appears to be called
xpressrom_gx1_memsizing.pdf. The google cache of it is
still there but it's so horribly mangled that I didn't
try hard to understand the relationship between
physical address and which module bank that physical
address represents. Oh well. If someone here does have
it, I'd love to get it. Maybe someone from AMD or NSC
might have it sitting around.

> One thing you might want to try is to just hardcode
> the value you got
> from the normal BIOS instead of 0x57405740 and then
> skip the automatic
> memory sizing:

Yup, I did that. And then things go a lot further.
Maybe I'll keep going forward with other things and
then come back to understand/fix the autosizing once
everything else is working.

So my current status is that I get as far as:
<snip>
Enable FLASH
Set F0/0x52 to 0xee
cs5530: Enabling Primary IDE Controller
cs5530: Enabling Secondary IDE Controller
Set F0/0x5b to |= 1 << 5(0x38)
handle_superio start, nsuperio 1
handle_superio: Pass 1, check #0, s 00009e00 s->super
0000a018
handle_superio: Pass 1, Superio WinBond w83977tf
handle_superio:  port 0x370, defaultport 0x3f0
handle_superio:  Using port 0x370
  Call init
Enabling com device: 02
  iobase = 0x03f8  irq=4
<snip>

So I figure I've got problems with the superio. I'm
going to take a look at figuring out some of the
following issues next:
1. how do i figure out the actual address of the
superio
2. i have a W83977F-A chip. does that mean i can use
w83877tf
3. do the random chars there after "Enabling com
device..." indicate that i've messed up the superio
setup in someway or is it something else.

If anyone already knows. Just shout. :-)

thanks.