HT initialization

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Mon Jan 24 07:30:01 CET 2005

* Stephen.Kimball at bench.com <Stephen.Kimball at bench.com> [050124 17:38]:
> I'm trying to port LinuxBIOS to a Opteron board with a CK804.

IIRC Yinghai Lu did some CK804 work as well.
http://www.clustermatic.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2004-August/008797.html

> In auto.c I notice that most boards call ht_setup_chain() and use the
> return code to see if a reset is needed.  Since I can't seem to get
> soft_reset() to work with the CK804, can some on tell me why HT
> initialization needs a reset?  Thanks.

The hypertransport links only change their speed after an LDTSTOP_L
signal or soft reset. Otherwise the values written to the registers are
not in charge.

Since LDTSTOP is more complicated, though it has less impact on the
system, LinuxBIOS uses soft reset all over the place.

You need to check where your southbridge is and adapt the soft_reset()
function in auto.c (bus,dev,fn number etc)

Stefan