linuxbios on geode gx1 with sst-39SF020A and CompactFlash [PMX:#]

Christer Weinigel christer at weinigel.se
Tue Jan 25 02:56:01 CET 2005

ramesh bios <ramesh_bios at yahoo.com> writes:

> So my current status is that I get as far as:
> <snip>
> Enable FLASH
> Set F0/0x52 to 0xee
> cs5530: Enabling Primary IDE Controller
> cs5530: Enabling Secondary IDE Controller
> Set F0/0x5b to |= 1 << 5(0x38)
> handle_superio start, nsuperio 1
> handle_superio: Pass 1, check #0, s 00009e00 s->super
> 0000a018
> handle_superio: Pass 1, Superio WinBond w83977tf
> handle_superio:  port 0x370, defaultport 0x3f0
> handle_superio:  Using port 0x370
>   Call init
> Enabling com device: 02
>   iobase = 0x03f8  irq=4
> <snip>

This looks as if the baudrate is wrong.  If I remember correctly, up
until "Enabling com device" all output is via some hardcorded and
really dumb debug statements, after this the LinuxBIOS I/O system
takes over.  So check that the debug baudrate and that the baudrate
for the rest of LinuxBIOS is the same.

  /Christer

Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
Christer Weinigel <christer at weinigel.se>  http://www.weinigel.se