[BULK] RFC: Generic shadow mechanism useable from a payload

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Mon Jan 31 11:22:01 CET 2005

>> now all we need someone to fix the code :-)
>
> Pehaps we could get the bochs people to do it.  Some e-mail to them
> with our modified routines from ADLO would at least generate some
> feeback on what they thought the most "correct" setup is.

better communication between developers of LB and BOCHS would be needed. I
don't think anyone has spoken with new bochs bios maintainer yet.

they also get kind of sensitive when the fixes for real hardware does not
quite work right on their virtual hardware...... after all windows xp
works for them so for them it is "it ain't broke, don't fix" issue.

> But is it currently even a problem?  What does the latest bochs bios
> do that the ADLO dosen't?

we would prefer to avoid forking off the code.