[LinuxBIOS] EPIA/EPIA-M sort of success.

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sun Jul 3 22:52:48 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 03:48:50PM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 08:15:02AM +0900, Jun OKAJIMA wrote:
> > Hello guys and I hope you tell me what is going on.
> > It worked finally?
> > The snapshot version still has compile error.
> My tree compiles, but still doesn't work; I do however have the
> appropriate bits to test it myself now, so I'm hoping to make some
> progress in the next week. Search the list archives for details of my
> arch tree.

And now it seems to compile and boot, though very very slowly.

Boot log at:

http://the.earth.li/~noodles/lb2.boot

(this took nearly half an hour to complete)

Patch against me current arch tree:

http://the.earth.li/~noodles/epia-m-crud.diff

(this is code I'm not prepared to check in even to my own tree yet as
it's lots of fiddling.)

It appears the changes to pci_moving_config are causing problems again;
I stopped using these for the pci_bridge scanning bits and that made it
stop hanging when trying to read the resources for the AGP bridge. I'm
not sure what the right way to fix this is.

J.

--
                 "Reality Or Nothing!" -- Cold Lazarus
[ Black Cat Networks ] [ 0845 PAYG dialup ] [ ADSL from £20+VAT/month ]