[LinuxBIOS] Pm49FL002 Flash

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Jun 3 16:49:54 CEST 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Hugo MERCIER wrote:

>   I just wanted to test the probing (No erasing or programming yet).
> And ... it fails. flash_rom doesn't find anything : the reported IDs
> bytes are the same as those reported without the probing memory cycles
> (0x555,0xAAA, ...)

asus loves to put GPIO enables ont their boards to control flash writes.
My guess is you are getting no write cycles to the flash part.

This is pretty easy to probe for, find the GPIO registers and starting
changing them one at a time, and see if at some point you have flash
writes working. Some of them, when changed, may reset the board ... so be
prepared for that.

ron