[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-M status

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sun Jun 5 12:34:55 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 09:57:53AM -0700, Adam Talbot wrote:
> I have a prom flasher and am more then willing to test the code.  If
> you would tar/gzip your tree and send it to me I will compile it for
> my EPIA-MII and test it for you.  The worst that could happen is the
> system does not boot at all, that why I bought the prom flasher in the
> first place. :-)

Heh. Well, I make absolutely no guarantees about this code other than
"it compiles for me". It won't do VGA stuff and having had a further
prod around there's a lot of cleanup that needs done around the vt1211
code. I've no way of running it or testing it until my kit arrives and
I'm loathe to start making more changes until I've tested at least this
lot to see if anything happens. :)

However, I've put what I've got up in an Arch repository.

tla register-archive noodles at earth.li--pie \
	http://www.earth.li/~noodles/arch/noodles@earth.li--pie
tla get noodles at earth.li--pie/freebios--epia-m--2.0 freebios2-epiam
cd freebios2-epiam/targets
 ./buildtarget via/epia-m/Config.filo.lb
cd via/epia-m/epia-m/
make

(You'll need a copy of filo.elf in the same directory as the
freebios2-epiam subdirectory for the make to complete)

J.

--
101 things you can't have too much of : 50 - Escalators.