[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-M Almost there

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Tue Jun 7 00:23:55 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 12:43:43PM -0700, Adam Talbot wrote:
> Well, that was cool... I have recompiled with the new options in place.
> Here is all my out put that I got, I just let minicom capture it.  It was
> stuck in a dead loop, so I kill power after a bit.  Still have the first
> boot at 115200 and all others need to be at 57600 issue.
> Hopes this helps in the debug.

Slowly we seem to be making progress. :)

I /think/ the southbridge code needs some cleanup. It'll be a day or two
before I have time to look properly, but if you shove

printk_debug("In VT8235 southbridge_enable\n");

in the southbridge_enable function in
/src/southbridge/via/vt8235/vt8235.c that'll at least show if it ever
gets that far. Don't worry if you don't have time though, as that whole
area definitely looks like it needs work anyway.

The half baud rate problem is something I've seen mentioned before;
something to do with the southbridge and various clocks settling down?
I'll worry about it once other matters are sorted. ;)

J.

                                            jid: noodles at jabber.earth.li
noodles is the place to