[LinuxBIOS] TLA Sucks

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Fri Jun 10 12:14:40 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 06:30:07PM -0600, Li-Ta Lo wrote:
> > For the backing out a changeset I found:
> >
> > >http://wiki.gnuarch.org/Arch_20Recipes#head-13d35cf3d0899c602e4e054cd7e962e62685edb7
> >
> Does this roll back "tla add", "tla rm" and "tla mv" ?
> What do these commands do to the repository? Are they
> just local until a "tla commit" like their cvs counterparts?

Yes, add, rm & mv all just affect your local tree checkout until you
commit them.

Try looking at the rest of the http://wiki.gnuarch.org/Arch_20Recipes
page. "Fixing your own mistakes" seems to be the section you want.

> One reason we tried to switch to some VCS with "automatic" operation
> is to be easy to roll back these commands.

I've not had to do it myself (yet), but it looks like arch can handle
this without a problem.

J.

--
] http://www.earth.li/~noodles/ []   noodles is made from buckwheat    [