[LinuxBIOS] Re: ROMCC bug

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Sat Jun 18 12:10:09 CEST 2005

* yhlu <yinghailu at gmail.com> [050618 05:53]:
> So we must make cache_as_ram work on other 86 platform besides amd cpu...
>
> I have tried amd cache_as_ram in intel platform, it seem if access
> some position several times, the contents of that address will become
> to 0xff....

AFAICR, Intel has not been as thorough with their design wrt cache as
ram. LinuxBIOS v1 has some mainboards doing CAR, but it was hard to
maintain because the Xeons changed their behaviour with every stepping..
This might very well have improved by now, hard to say, as Intel specs
are hard to get.

Stefan