[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-M Code

Anton Borisov a.borisov at tesv.tmb.ru
Mon Jun 20 13:44:39 CEST 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:32:33 +0100
Jonathan McDowell <noodles at earth.li> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 08:38:30AM +0400, Anton Borisov wrote:
>
> > 	I've played with EPIA-M tree recently. Interesting facts:
>
> Which tree is this? From your output it looks a little like mine?

	Exactly.

> What changes did you make for jmp_to_elf_entry?

void jmp_to_elf_entry(void *entry, unsigned long buffer)
{
        void (*kernel_entry)(void);
        kernel_entry = entry;
        kernel_entry();
}

	Code is from PPC part. I removed flush_dcache();

> How much memory is on your board? I think the RAM detection stuff is

	256 MB of RAM.

> wrong and that's possibly causing FILO problems; from your
> minicom.capped2.bz2:
>
> I would set ram size to 0x3fc000 Kbytes

	Should I learn about a new option inside Config.filo.lb?

> and then later, in FILO:
>
> collect_sys_info: RAM 4032 MB
>
> > P.S. Booting in cold restart loading "Normal" image. "Normal" image
> > don't boot - it stops at enable_smbus().
>
> Adam Talbot and I have been looking at this; it doesn't seem to be a
> specific piece of code that's crashing, as we've seen it hang at various
> points around the initialisation code. My current guess is that some
> interrupt that we're not handling yet is occurring, or that we need to
> do some further chipset initialisation before trying to enable the
> SMBUS.
>
> I've got a list of chipset registers the Award BIOS seems to twiddle, so
> I might add those to the enable_mainboard function to see if that at
> least gets us further.

	Well, this could help. Can you attach it?
	I don't remember but it seems to me I've seen somewhere the CMOS map according to each LB decides which image to load "Normal" or "Fallback". Am I right?

--
Sincerely, Anton Borisov