[BULK] [LinuxBIOS] ROMCC bug

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Jun 21 00:19:22 CEST 2005

"Steve Magnani" <steve at digidescorp.com> writes:

> I've stumbled across a ROMCC bug that results in incorrect code being
> generated. As near as I can tell, multi-layer "if" statements are at risk
> of being miscompiled when optimization is enabled. The following program
> snippet induces the bug when compiled via "romcc -mcpu=p4 -O2" (or -O):

Thanks.  I will take a look.

This looks similar to another bug I am tracking as well.
For that bug by specifying -fno-simplify-phi I was able to avoid
the problem.  For that bug I got as far a deciding that there
was an interaction bug between several optimizations that appear
correctly in and of themselves.

I will take a look at what you have given me, as it looks like
a nice test case, and see what I can find.  I suggest you play
with disabling individual optimizations so you can at least
move forward until this bug is fixed.

Eric