[LinuxBIOS] Merge complete....

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Jun 22 21:18:18 CEST 2005

Li-Ta Lo <ollie at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 03:50 -0600, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>> Since I want to avoid breaking things by acting too hastily I have
>> performed the merge and placed the code in the branch:
>>  linuxbios at linuxbios.org--devel/freebios--lnxi--1--patch-1
>>

>> If no one has any real objections after looking at it I will merge with
>> the main branch.  Otherwise I will listen to the objections and see
>> where I go from there.
>>

> First pass of objections, I think these files are cvs/tla removed (by
> you?) long time ago?

Not by me.  Someone realized the code in reset.c was very similar
and made a common factor that wasn't truly common or generic, and
there were cases where the code would not work but we didn't have
a choice not to use it.  So in reset.c I removed the common factor
and put reset.c back.  It is now a single motherboard dependent
function call but it is general.

debug.c could go in a lot of cases but I don't quite find a generic
debug.c for a northbridge persuasive either.  At least on the boards
I am messing with I wrote debug.c to get my local debugging hacks
out of the mainline of the code.  And my debug.c continuted to mutate.
But everyone doesn't need one, and arguably production code could
do completely without one.

The rest may indeed be files someone else deleted that I missed.

Eric