[LinuxBIOS] RE: E7501 raminit changes

Steven J. Magnani steve at digidescorp.com
Thu Jun 23 15:47:36 CEST 2005

A correction: I'm pretty sure now my RCOMP_MMIO problems were due to
"A20 hell", not TOLM.

Does anyone know if de-asserting A20M# is enough to cause A20 to behave
normally? On our board, after we force A20M# high, the system continues
to behave as if A20 is always zero. We're using an embedded board, so
there is no keyboard controller in the mix - I/O port 0x92 is enough to
toggle A20M#.

Some of the Intel documentation mentions an "A20M# interrupt" in
passing, but there are no specifics. Is there something else that
firmware needs to do after driving A20M# high?

Color me confused,

Steve